Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Pastel Spring

Hello! My name is Mary. I have been wanting to get into the fashion blogging scene for quite a while now. Fashion is something I take great delight in. It might sound weird, but I feel like the clothing, shoes, and accessories hanging in my closet (or most of the time, scattered around my room) are my art supplies. Every morning, when I gather up various pieces of clothing, pick out a pair of shoes, and sort out my accessories, I am creating a shape with close attention to style, color, and texture. And yet, as with all art, comes inspiration. In recent months, I have been attracted to neutrals and pastels (as you will see in the photos below) like ivory, gray, pale pink, etc. I do plan on posting pictures of the ensembles I put together, but because this is my first post, I have included some of my favorite pieces from the spring 2010 shows.

I am very excited to begin my journey! Enjoy, xo.


Marc Jacobs, Spring 2010-
The fabric of this dress is so graceful and the thin black lines add just the right amount of dynamism. I loved the way it floated down the runway.


Chloe, Spring 2010-I was unusually disappointed with Hannah MacGibbon's spring collection. I did not feel like there was a consistency with her pieces. In any case, this dress was my favorite.


Stella McCartney, Spring 2010-I found myself drawn to Stella McCartney's use of neutrals in her spring collection. She created a look that is sophisticated, yet chic and feminine.


Burberry Prorsum, Spring 2010-Christopher Bailey's spring collection is for the young and the romantic.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've decided to start - it's a lot of fun! And I love the MJ collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pieces are all gorgeous!

    Lovely blog! Looking forward to more posts!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete